Saturday 2 May 2009

Spring is here!

I've never been much of a gardener. Don't get me wrong, i love my garden, but i was never one to prune and pot and weed. My idea of gardening was to mow the lawn and occasionally cut the edges!
However nature has been calling me recently (is it an age thing?) and i have begun to notice the shrubs dotted around my garden and in particular the sheer beauty of the individual buds and blossoms that have appeared over the last couple of weeks.

I have had only a modicum of interest before, but now look in wonderment at the intricate designs, colours and perfections of the flowers and petals of the shrubs dotted around my garden. Isn't nature wonderful!

I am posting a few images to share with you. I admit that i don't know the names of the shrubs, but hope that i can convey the splendour and magnificence of nature that we see, but sometimes fail to notice every day.



No comments: